Travelport Hotelzon, a leading hotel distribution technology provider for the B2B travel industry, has released a mobile app designed to help both travel agents and business travellers manage corporate hotel bookings directly from their smartphones. The app is a mobile version of the popular hotelzon.com site, a hotel booking solution which offers corporate travellers an extensive choice of both chain and independent hotel properties. It is immediately available for download.
As well as offering Travelport Hotelzon’s corporate customers the possibility of searching the entire hotelzon.com hotel inventory, ranging from global chains to unique independent properties worldwide, and totalling over 250,000 hotel choices, customers using the app can also access their company preferences and negotiated rates, making the booking process fast and simple whilst enforcing travel policy. The hotelzon.com app is available for download on Android, iOS and Windows Phone devices free of charge.
Key features of the app include:
- Over 250,000 hotels worldwide
- Best available rates, including privately negotiated corporate rates
- Integrated traveller profiles
- Fast and secure hotel booking functionality
Mathias Andersson, Chief Operating Officer at Travelport Hotelzon, commented: “Travelport is committed to leading the way in travel mobile commerce and Travelport Hotelzon is no exception. We absolutely wanted to deliver a user-friendly and practical app for our busy corporate traveller customers as well as the agents who serve them. It is indisputable that today’s ever-connected business traveller needs to be able to manage their business travel on the go and clearly their mobile devices must support this need.”
Established in 1972, Hotelzon is a leading corporate online hotel booking company for the B2B travel industry offering booking services and hotel distribution technology to corporate business travellers, hotels and travel professionals. Hotelzon’s booking software provides efficient tools for simplifying the corporate hotel booking process and its hotel properties are distributed through Travelport’s Travel Commerce Platform, giving travellers an extensive range of choices from independent and chain hotels. Headquartered in London, UK, Hotelzon also has offices in Denmark, Ireland, France, Finland, Poland, Sweden and Romania and has over 80 employees. Hotelzon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Travelport.
Travelport is a Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment, mobile and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in approximately 180 countries, over 3,700 employees, and an additional 1,200 employees at IGT Solutions Private Ltd who provide us with application development services, our 2015 net revenue was over $2.2 billion.
Travelport is comprised of:
- A Travel Commerce Platform through which it facilitates travel commerce by connecting the world’s leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business-to-business (B2B) travel marketplace. Travelport has a leadership position in airline merchandising, hotel content and rate distribution, mobile travel commerce and a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions.
- Technology Services through which it provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
Travelport is headquartered in Langley, U.K. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and trades under the symbol “TVPT”.