If you travel to Helsinki and need a place to work but don’t fancy staying in the hotel room, then a co-working space is the answer. Thanks to the rise of ‘the remoter’ and a booming start-up scene, co-working spaces have turned into thriving spaces where ideas are shared and workers can meet others who’s daily lives share similar patterns. From the creatives to the corporate hunters, dropping from place to place, everyone shares a similar sense of being and passion for life from a laptop.
These recommended co-working spaces in Helsinki offer a place for you to work, meet clients and collaborate over a cup of joe.
Helsinki Think Company
Despite the name, the Helsinki Think Company is not a business in the traditional sense. Instead, it’s the entrepreneurship society of the University of Helsinki and welcomes a community of changemakers. Co-working venues are located in each of the three University campuses, providing the right tools to organize workshops, accelerator programs or just a suitable space to meet people over coffee. Using the space for co-working and organizing events doesn’t cost money, but you need to follow a few basic rules: say hi to peopel you don’t know, smile, and make a pot of coffee or tea every now and then.
- Location: Latokartanonkaari 3, E-Building (for up to 100 people), Vuorikatu 5 and Haartmaninkatu 8 (both for up to 50 people)
- Price: Free
- Features and equipment: wifi, coffee, whiteboards, post-its
Mothership of Work
Designed for freelancers and small teams, this co-working space covers 5,000 m2 over two different hubs: the Mothership (in the creative district of Punavuori) and the Stargate (in Ruoholahti). The hefty price of a membership unlocks exclusive services ranging from IT support to electric car rental, sauna and morning yoga. But, if you’re on a one-day pass, you still can enjoy coffee from local roasteries and popcorn —that’s right, buttery popcorn to fuel your ideas.
- Location: Pieni Roobertinkatu 9 (Punavuori), Porkkalankatu 22 A (Ruoholahti)
- Price: 31€/day. Membership starting at 409€/month
- Features: soundproof phone booths, meeting rooms, guest reception, showers and locker rooms for members, popcorn and coffee
Work & Meet
As its name indicates, the concept of this venue is simple: a place to work and meet. With hourly rates, the space is suitable for those who do not need any additional services. There are 30 hot desks and meeting rooms available across a 150 m2 office.
- Location: Kampinkuja 2
- Price: 5€/hour, 15€/day. Meetings room from 20€/day.
- Features: wifi, coffee, lockers
HUB13 welcomes entrepreneurs and small teams with a focus on innovation, technology and growth. Besides being a place to work and meet other like-minded doers, HUB13 organizes events, training sessions and offers acceleration services, which are great opportunities to build partnerships.
- Location: Kaisaniemenkatu 13A
- Price: €25/day, €99/week and memberships starting at €199/month.
- Features: meeting rooms, registered postal address for your company, affordable legal aid
Located in the heart of the city, very close to the railway station, UMA Esplanadi is a very suitable venue for business travelers on their way to the airport. The space has workstations for 100 people and storage space for luggage. The UMA concept targets mobile people as all members have access to UMA workspaces, available in 12 cities in 5 countries.
- Location: Pohjoisesplanadi 39
- Price: €20/day and memberships from €199/month
- Features: meetings rooms with a video connection, mailbox, storage space, wellness room, wifi and coffee
Flux is a community space where tech people and startups can meet and have access to cutting-edge equipment and cool gadgets. Teams and individuals looking to explore new concepts can borrow tools such 3D printers, a laser cutter, and Internet of Things kits. The space also hosts a variety of coaching sessions and other community events each month.
- Location: Korkeavuorenkatu 35
- Price: Free
- Features: silent working room, 3D printers, laser cutter, 4K resolution screens, kitchen with coffee and soda